So this week I decided to link up with Five for Friday for the first time. Here goes.
1. I put up my fraction flowers bulletin board. I got this wonderful free lesson from Simply Skilled in Second, and I LOVE them. I think they came out beautiful. This project helped my students learn more about fractions, and allowed them to create their own fraction number stories!
Paul Bunyan Pop Up Books
2. It was the week before Spring break, and my students were ready to put more of their learning into a creative activity. We learned about Hyperbole by reading several Paul Bunyan stories, and then creating my favorite free activity – Paul Bunyan Lesson and Pop Up books. They also came out beautiful, and my kids had a blast! This lesson came with a lesson on hyperbole, as well as the pop up book templates. This lesson got my students reading and writing, while being creative and having fun. I love it when I can combine all of that into one!
Posted third quarter grades
3. While my students were busy with their Paul Bunyan projects, I was able to finalize all of my third quarter grades! YAY!! Thursday was the last day of our marking period.
Wrapping up Women’s History Month
4. On Thursday my students presented their women’s history month projects. Yes, Thursday was the second day of April, however, my students spent the month of March learning about many fabulous women. Their presentations showed me that the time was well spent. If your looking for ideas on how we spent our women’s history month, check out this post on celebrating women’s accomplishments.
5. My blog was redesigned by Lindsey Johnston! I love the new design, and hope that you do too. Happy Friday!!